Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
The BimmerTech Amp hands down is the best thing in the audio world for BMW because I believe it solved many issues with an after market amp/dsp without hacking up the OEM factory wires... pretty much just plug n play! What I'm not sold on is the Bav's only because I don't have means to demo them and I think all your paying for is the PnP feature. I have yet read any reviews with anybody that actually ran an aftermarket amp on the Bav's and whether or not they can handle more power and if they are still clear at high volumes. So far after reading through every forum regarding BavSound it seems everyone is content with the results on whatever stock factory amp they have. Really really interested to hear those who purchased the BimmerTech Amp from Nelson who are running the Bav's to see what their impressions are before and after the install!
Most people are actually underwhelmed with the bavsound speakers using the OEM amp, that's why a lot of customers already have their speakers as a starting point hoping that's all they need for better sound. You're correct, you paying for the PNP aspect of their speakers. For the money there's plenty of better options. I've heard pretty much every speaker line available for BMW and happen to carry a few in my shop.

The F30 i used to create the F30 bavsound file sounded marginal better when using the factory amp. I actually took my time and sat down with the owner and we listened to both oem and bavsound speakers using the oem and he was unimpressed. Yes, they had more clarity and tonally the sounded better but you could't really crank them up. The weakest link in the OEM sound system is the amp not the speakers so if you had money to do only one i would go with the amp upgrade...

To get feedback on guys that using the bavsound with our amp i suggest posting on the f30 thread, you will get plenty of feedback there.

There's no such thing as to much power on speakers, that's why you have a gain knob and parameters on the dsp software. I have 270 watts going into each of my tweeters, midrange and midbass drivers. I love having HEADROOM.
Hey what equipment are you running Nelson?
Appreciate 0