bickers1972
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 520D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray2 View Post
Hi Guys,
Here's an update on my current situation.
My car went into my local BMW dealer on Wednesday 11th January for its 4 wheel alignment KDS check. The dealership then forwarded the result of this check to BMW along with the "PUMA" case. On Friday 13th January I received a call from the dealership saying the car was ready and they would explain the paperwork when I arrived.

Upon arrival I was shown the print out of all the alignment readings and was informed that there was an alignment problem. I was then charged £150 (after thay had tried to charge me £366 which I wasn't happy about!).

Having got home I looked at the paperwork and realised that the problem they had found was on the front wheels NOT the rear. The issues highlighted were as follows:

1) Cross Castor measured as +0°31' the target reading is 0°30

2) Cross Toe Out On Turns measured as +0°37' the target reading is 0°30

3) Cross Camber measured as +0°32 the target reading is 0°30

All other measurements fell within spec.

I contacted the dealership and argued that the issue they had found was not on the axle where the wear is. Also (I,m not an expert but have taken advice) the readings were only slightly out of spec (surely there should be some tolerence on the readings!).
However, they have told me they are only following BMW's advice and that as there is not an issue with the rear suspension then I need to replace the tyres and take the issue up with Goodyear. How's that for customer service

I have pushed the issue with the after sales manager and he has agreed to speak to BMW again on Monday/ Tuesday to see what they say, but I get the feeling that this is going to be an issue that they are aware of but are not going to want to admit to.

So once again I will have to wait for the outcome of these discussions.

Julian
Hi Julian

PM me with your contact details & I will forward you my case details. Perhaps that might help jog BMW customer services' memory...

Rob
Appreciate 0