View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 12:07 PM   #15
mrmarie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
In my opinion...not using an AGM battery is not a wise decision...and going with an underpowered battery (less than original) is also not a good idea.

My feed back is that you're not making a wise decision. You may be saving a few dollars buying the underpowered wet-cell battery...but based on the electronic consumption of your BMW...an AGM battery and one with higher AH rating is what you should select.

You didn't give us your model (not that I remember) nor your location...so we can't make any judgements as to what type of weather (extreme cold or extreme heat) you'll be encountering. But you should be looking for a 49/H8 AGM or 94R/H7 AGM battery class size.

See the chart below for battery specs in regards to battery class sizes. Unless you are in a really remote location...you should be able to find a 49/H8 or 94R/H7 AGM battery at your local auto part stores (AutoZone/Advanced Auto/Pep Boys/O'Reilly's/etc)...or even your local Walmart/Sam's Club/Costco. I believe my local Sam's club sells a Duracell 49/H8 AGM battery for around $180:

(these pics were from 2015 @ Sam's Club...prices have gone up a bit)

Really appreciate your help
I own F10 2011 523i and here is my current AGM battery

and will replace it with non-AGM battery and only have the below options:-
-Bosch s5 100ah

-Varta 100ah

-Varta 88ah

so If i go with S5 Bosch 100Ah it will be ok as my current one is 90Ah?

Thank you again

Last edited by mrmarie; 01-15-2019 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0