01-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #333
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Squad View Post
Calling all front E70 X5M/X6M Caliper upgrade folk, please help...

Could you please advise what caliper bolts you are using and whether there is an OEM part number for these?

I understand you need 4 in total and because 4mm spacers/washers are required between the calipers and the hubs, this potentially means using longer 4mm longer bolts than stock to bridge the gap. However, not sure if this is this the case/ strictly necessary?

Can anyone shed some light?

I've checked with Bozman, who was one of the pioneers of the X5M setup, however, his bolts were pre-supplied when he purchased the calipers, so he didn't have to source them separately like I'm having to do.

MTIA

Quick question for you before I respond, have you already bought the rotors? If not, I'm willing to bet if you buy the Roll Royce rotors, you shouldn't need to use the spacers and can use your standard bolts. However, the RR rotors are more expensive I believe but my gut feeling is the hat on those rotors are taller and so the rotor surface sits at the right spot. Reason I say this is because I've seen the Alpina B6/B5 document for brakes and they bolt these same calipers directly (But they use their own Part Numbers for the rotors) .

For Bolts, this BMW part number should work : 07119908596
Basically you need bolts that are M12x1.5x48 long (Thats 5mm longer than the stock bolt). I believe I bought either these or equivalent from Audi/VW catalog. I'll again try to pull their part number.
Appreciate 0