View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #57
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Not sure if this is what happened here, but it most likely is. A lot of times companies send over specs to manufacturers in China (or other cheap labor countries) to produce their product, and the manufacturer either copies the specs down and starts producing their own, or produce extra stock and brand it as their own. Either way, they produce a near carbon copy of the same item, just without the markup due to no R&D and branding costs. I'd be willing to bet this IC performs pretty similarly to Wagner one.

One good giveaway that they're made in the same factory is the brand stamp. They're both in the same area, at roughly the same offsets if measured from center. Most likely just a stamp head being swapped out and that's it.

The part I find the most funny about the g plus one (and the main reason I finally registered an account) is if you look at the ebay item descriptions for both gplusmotor and yellowspeed. They literally ripped it straight from Wagner's website, with some hilariously bad attempts to make it look different. They even list it under the same part number as the Wagner one, 200001069

Wagner:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. WAGNERTUNING Performance Core with high cooling performance and a weight of 11,7kg. Combined with cast aluminum end tanks which are optimized by CFD for.best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

yellow:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. The Competition Core with high cooling performance and light weight combined with cast aluminum optimized by CAD. Flow analyses and simulations were created to optimize the design for best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

If you're trying to saving money, there's really no reason to not buy the g-plus, it's great bang for the buck. My only concern would be QC, but even then, Ebay has buyer protection and if you can show definite manufacture defect they will refund you.
Do you think this adds hp?
Appreciate 0