View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 02:46 PM   #56
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Ahhh.... I see what you did. I tried crossing the hoses where you just went around. Good call as it prevents the hoses from kinking where they would pass. Can you still install the engine cover? I just may have to get back on this project. The intake port on my can is reversible so I can orient the hoses any direction.

THANK YOU!
Yep, it installs 9/10 pretty much. It doesn't engage one of the posts, but it's still 100% solid and requires effort to pull up.

I used to have a 180 by combining two 90 degree elbows, but I didn't like how restrictive that could be. The best way to do this is to actually flip the thing that goes into the intake plumbing, but the plug gets in the way most of the times (I tried). Maybe it could work if you extend the wire that plugs into that thing, but too much work to be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
Thanks to those who have posted specifics on their set up. I would like to get around to this ideally but it's never the next thing to do....

I'm also curious - I've seen reports online of mostly water in the catch cans. Anyone who deals with seriously below freezing weather run one? I could see some interesting gotchas with lines or the can internals freezing up.
Frozen water really only causes an issue when there's no room to expand. So in this case, it'll be fine. And even if there is ice, it'll melt within minutes of start up
Appreciate 0