10-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendandthrow View Post
... I recently bought a 2 year old second hand set of BMW 18" wheels with Winter tyres, ...

I had BMW replace my old wheels/tyres with the new wheels / tyres. Now I find the TPMS is no longer working. Each time I start the Reset process it runs for a while then reports a failure.

Was one or more TPM sensor damaged during the change of wheels? Or is some kind of recalibration needed when changing wheel size?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Eric
What's missing if more detail/info about the used 18" wheels/tires you purchased. Are these oe BMW wheels or aftermarket...and what did they come off of?

As asked above...did they come from another BMW that used compatible TPM sensors? If the tires weren't removed from the wheels...then I doubt that the sensors got damaged in anyway. Just swapping the tires on/off your vehicle shouldn't damage them in anyway.

If the sensors can be checked to see if they are still sending a signal...that would indicate that their batteries still work...but are they sending the data over the correct frequency?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-24-2019 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0