09-28-2021, 10:29 PM   #108
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Yeah if it weren't for the military I would have never had the opportunity. Ancient Egypt has always fascinated me, so to see this in person was surreal. Because it was for the military we were under heavy watch and we were rushed through everything, so I didn't get to spend much time there which was a bummer. And with COVID we couldn't go inside.

We also got to see the Bibliotheca Alexandrina and the Old Alexandria Lighthouse site/Citadel of Qaitbay. We drove by the Taposiris Magna Temple multiple times but never got to stop there. They believe that's where Queen Cleopatra's tomb is, but they aren't certain.
Very cool. Have you watched Lost Treasures of Egypt? Its been very cool and informative. They found some new evidence about Tut's tomb...basically where he was found was NOT supposed to be his tomb. His successor basically rushed him to that one and took what was to be Tut's tomb for himself. I have not finished the series of shows but some very facinating stuff! I have been into Egyptology & ancient Greek & Roman history since I was a kid. Tho I don't know as much about those as Egypt
Appreciate 0