View Single Post
      01-06-2024, 10:42 AM   #1
bk_mike
|
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550ix

When I traded my E93 M3 for my F10 550ix in 2016 one of my main complaints was the suspension. It wasn't just that the F10 was too soft, it seemed the dampers were just not up to the task.

I initially tried H&R swaybars only, not wanting to swap out shocks on a car with just 19k miles but I still felt like it wasn't enough.

Fast forward to 2022 and I got a great deal on a set of new Dinan springs. They only drop the car 0.5" but the rates and bumpstops are different than stock. I picked up a set of Bilstein B6, new hardware, and mounts.

Install was straightforward but quite involved since I have a xDrive. Axle needs to come out and many of the bolts are single use according to BMW TIS.

I must say I wish I did this upgrade sooner. This is how the M sport cars should have come from the factory. Is it a pure M car? No. But it handles well for such a large heavy car while still being drive able around town.

I struggled with this choice a lot and almost went with coilovers but cost and driveability were big concerns. I wasn't trying to turn this into a track car, just a well handling heavy sedan.

I don't see a lot of B6 reviews for the F10 so I figured I would post this here in case anyone else is contemplating suspension replacement.

Feel free to ask any questions!
Appreciate 0