View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 09:55 AM   #310
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
That automatically happens if you want to keep the gap constant.
Anyway, everyone could see that VER easily pulled away after the safetycar situation and then kept the gap constant. That means he could go faster than he was, and as he didn't he spared the equipment.
If the tyres would have deterioared, it would have shown in his lap times, not in blowing up a tyre.
You can also clearly see that after the crash, the surface of the tyres (the areas that weren't affected by the crash) still look in pretty good shape.
This is clearly a structural problem and not a wear problem.

That no one came in during safetycar is logical. At that time no one knew that it could be a structural problem. Hindsight 20/20 is always so easy, but if the crashed car is still on the track, no one knows anything.
You have to take that into account.

Only after VER crashed, again without any reason, the notion came that it could be a structural problem.
I disagree with when the notion should of and did come up. I guarantee it was on every team principles mind and most thought it was going to happen to someone again during the race. There is recent historical issues with Pirelli and this happening.

RB/VER and the rest of the leaders gambled it wouldn't happen to them. As said, RB/VER lost on the gamble and that is racing.

They got lucky HAM made a rare error and left with the best possible result after their DNF. And for the rest of us it is good because the WDC is so close for once. It would be cool if they both double DNF'd again and PER could sneak in and make it a three way battle. I know this most likely won't happen, but as a general fan of F1 it would be fun.

Last edited by minn19; 06-07-2021 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50