View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
AZ-MCRacer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4, 2013 F10 N55

AZ-MCRacer's 2013 535i Pure Stage 2 Build

Sorry there is a lot of info already posted in the other Pure Stage 2 thread, but I'll keep mine to this thread.

Some background... I purchased the car in Feb 2/2016, bone stock, 48k miles. This is my first BMW. I have been using a 2014 Ram 2500 HD as my daily driver. I own it because I race motorcycle and need the big truck to pull a toy hauler to remote tracks around the southwest.

In the fall of 2016 I decided it was time to start making this car work a little more, and FBO (BMS Intake, ER Chargepipe, ER Downpipe, JB4, Wagner FMIC). (Thanks Mike @ Extreme Powerhouse). You made it too easy.

Never happy with what you have, in Feb 2017 I decide to go big and order up the next round of upgrades. Pure Stage 2, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, Fuel-It PI Platinum, GFB DV+, BM3 Flash.

Of course ordering at the absolute worst time (just after everyone gets tax refunds), I had to wait 6 weeks for everything to arrive. Install begins Mid March, completed the end of March. I sent my ECU out for unlocking the during the downtime. Time to be in garage is limited, I have 2 kids and own a business.

Everything works perfectly as installed, only problem now, it is Arizona, and it is HOT already. So that leads to where I am now, everything installed, and now tuning can begin since evening temperatures are going down enough.

When I was FBO, I was dyno'd at 336RWHP (JB4, Intercooler, DP, Chargepipe, BMS Intake).

This past week (10/19/17) I had the car on a dynojet dyno and it showed near 445RWHP, 497 ft.lb Torque. There is still a lot of tuning to do. I run pump E54 that we have locally, and it definitely needs more timing. I will be working the guys at PTF for that.

I have been communicating with PTF but too close to the event to make drastic changes we decided to run NFZ AZ on 10/22/17 the way the car was, without any changes.

Car felt great. I ran a top trap speed of 141.8663, previous best was 135.0. I know there is a lot more. I am not just going for a big dyno number, I require drivability as a daily, and looking for it to perform on the track, not just make a big dyno number.

I'll call this my starting point on the Pure Stage 2, with the next edition coming in December. Weather should be much cooler and things will be tuned better for that event! It got up to 93 degrees ambient yesterday, waiting in line to go I saw IATs at 150 and even higher at times.

High Points of the event was beating 2 x C6 Corvettes and running dead even with a C63 AMG Supercharged V8 car. I'll have videos posted this week, not sure when I will have time to sift through and sort it. I might be able to get some simple clips up sooner.
Appreciate 3