View Single Post
      05-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #70
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

I've been thinking about these new MFID images… BMW are extremely clever, not to say cautious, when it comes to introducing innovative technologies to their models. I think everyone here would agree on this.

Bearing this in mind, what do you think is the probability that they will keep physical hands on top of these MFIDs? The only incompatibility I see is with the sport variation where you'd have the needles on top of the speed and gear indication, but as far as the other displays are concerned (eco pro and comfort) having a physical needle on top of those graphics would be great.

Last thought… Do you guys think this will be an option alternative to the current black panel with the arches open at the 6 o'clock position or will this be compulsory if you choose to have the HUD? For those of you who are familiar with BMW's schedules, when should we expect to see these innovations in the official catalogues, car configurator, etc?

FYI, today I contacted my vendor in Germany and they still haven't receive official word on these changes for the F10/F11, so I cannot change my order yet. Can't wait to include these MFIDs in my MY2013 F11, though!

Last edited by rhinosaur; 05-14-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0