View Single Post
      12-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #62
fsucoy
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
So i installed mine, and started car (made sure all connections were secure) and it started to idle really rough and got drivetrain malfunction.

swapped it out put it back to stock and still got check engine light with drivetrain malfunction but it was idling normal.

Just cleared the code and now its working fine. Called SB and left a message going to ring them again next week.

I did however break the plastic wiring harness clip that snaps into place holding the connection snug.

Going to try and find a replacement cable and then swap it out. lets see.
If you got a rough idle and check engine light, it's likely that you installed it with the wrong polarity. Same happened to me.

If you look at the stock male plug, you'll see that there is an extra plastic mold on the side that slides into a opposite molded sleeve on the female end of the harness which prevents it from being plugged incorrectly and ensures you have the right polarity. However, unfortunately, the SB does not have that same plastic mold on the plug to ensure that it can only be plugged one way (with correct polarity).

Therefore, there's a 50/50 chance that you may plug it in with the incorrect polarity. Simply unplug the harness, reverse the polarity (e.g. turn the plug upside down from how you previously had it connected), and you should be good to go. If you plugged it in with correct polarity, it should fire up with no discernible difference.

The only difference is the big smile on your face when you feel all of that latent power under your hood released.
Appreciate 0