View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #108
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinfast View Post
Why don't we just wait and see how it drives. I just sold my 2011 550i M-Sport with ACS springs and ordered a 2014 550i M-Sport. If the suspension is no good, it's a easy fix with the lowering springs ---- it's just that BMW should offer one instead of the $3500 Dynamic Handling Package!
As was obvious, based on this review (the original post has pictures showing the measurements of how much lower the M suspension is, but we already know that) the M suspension 2013 rides sportier. There's simply no way a standard suspension (which goes under a base, luxury, modern AND M Sport for the LCI) that sits higher is going to handle better than an M suspension on a car with the same chassis when you really think about it. Expecting it to is unlikely to wishful thinking.

BELOW>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mness View Post
OK, I brought my tape measure when I went to test an LCI M Sport today. Also re-tested the 2013 M Sport.

I measured each from the center of the wheel to the fender lip.

2013 M sport: 15.0" (Silver)
LCI M sport: 15.5" (Gray)
2013 non-M: 15.5" (Blue)

So... the LCI M Sport with the 19" wheels has the same ride height as the 2013 non-M.

The pics without the ruler are of the LCI.

I'd say the LCI M is between the 2013 M and non-M. LCI has more body motion than the 2013 M, doesn't feel as planted. But compared to a 2013 non-M the LCI had more grip from the performance tires/wheels. When I tested a 2013 non-M (the first car I drove last week), I thought it was relatively floaty (for what I expected of my first BMW drive, coming from an A4) and the tires were noticably squealing on spirited turns and even relatively slow switchbacks in the hills where I live. Then drove the 2013 M and there was no going back. Was going to order an LCI M but after reading all this commotion I held off till an LCI was in stock.

I came home with a 2013 M Sport Carbon Black and Oyster/Black!

Thanks for all the info in Bimmerfest.
Appreciate 0