08-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
pmw103
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dreaming of a F10

@Soon ExAudi Guy
Thanks for the feedback.
Indeed, I am not sure the site is 100% either, I don't think its gospel but its very interesting :-) I wanted to try and verify what was and wasn't true.
I am not sure it was meant to list all features, just those related to connected drive.

What do you think is missing?
In terms of connected drive and what we have been told in the UK it looks pretty comprehensive?

@pharding
Thanks for the feedback,
I think there is an easy way to tell if you have both systems and I belive the US cars with ACC do.

If you look at the connected drive website and then look at your car do you have 2 buttons?

1 With the Cruise control Clock and a car? (ACC)
2 With the back of one can and the front of the another with a * and an arrow? (Collision avoidance)

Would you be able to confirm please?
I think if you have this rear end / front end car button then you have both systems, the collision avoidance and cruise control can be switchted independently of each other although they use the same underlying system.
If you have it turned on the Collison avoidance is active all the time regardless of whether you are in cruise or not.

If you watch this video and pasue it at about 11 seconds in you can see the button I am talking about.

Thanks for all your help
Regards
Paul

Last edited by pmw103; 08-10-2010 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0