View Single Post
      01-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #15
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

This is what I do, I hold the brake with my left foot so the car won't go forward then press the gas with my right till I see 2500rpm on the tach then I let off the brake pedal and ease into full throttle (if you get wheel spin try lower than 2500rpm) from where I was holding it a 2500 rpm. But don't sit there at the light for longer than a few seconds like this, just start this process just before the light turns green. I would practice on an empty road or big empty parking lot first to see how your car will react. Also sport + does not turn off traction control, it turns off stability controll if you have it. You must hold the traction control button just above the driving mode selector for like 5-10 seconds till you see the traction controll disabled pop up in the idrive to disable traction controll. I don't reccomended you test my launch method with the traction controll off until you try it in a big parking lot or big open empty street or you might end up all sideways, for me this isn't a problem my previous cars had way more power and would annilate my 550 or any bmw for that matter. Happy motoring!
Appreciate 1