View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Lexus CPO program is a joke!

My buddy has a CPO'd Lexus 07 IS350 with approx 75,000 miles on it. Followed the regular maintenance schedule and all that at an independent shop for the last year. Coming back from a road trip, his car gave no extended warning signs, he heard a noise and began to pull over and it died on him. Car was sent to a dealer and even though the dealer identified that the water pump failed, leaked coolant, and damaged the engine, Lexus is saying that its wear and tear and will NOT fix his car under warranty. He now has to shell out $18K to get his car repaired!!! :ugh: He has been going back and forth between the dealer, Extra Care (warranty division at Lex) and Lexus HQ. Lexus refuses to budge. Any ideas what he can do? I posted here to get the most responses and if anyone has ever been in a similar situation.

There's a thread going on Club Lexus:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...ont-cover.html

Quote:
Last weekend my car broke down in SW Michigan. Heard a rattle when I stepped on the gas and as I pulled over on the hwy my engine stalled before I came to a complete stop. Some smoke came from the engine bay too. Roadside assistance tow'd the car to a dealer in South Bend, IN. I live in the Chicagoland area so I've only been in contact with the dealer by phone. Dealer says my water pump failed and a lot of internal damage resulted from it including warped cylinders. The adjustor came out today and to repair and replace everything I'm looking at $18,000 that Lexus is NOT covering even though I'm under extended warranty. Lexus feels that an issue of this magnitude wouldn't of just happened and whoever has been servicing my car should have found it earlier. I stopped going to a dealer for service about a year ago. You can probably guess that I don't have 18K to spend on a new engine so what options do I have?
Appreciate 0