07-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #770
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
This is the exact reason I do my cardio the way that I do. I cover the computer with a towel so I'm not tempted to look and see how long I've been on the machine. Seems to make it go by faster if I have no idea how long I've been at it. Bluetooth earbuds in at full volume and I keep my eyes closed the entire time. this keeps people from making eye contact and wanting to start a conversation. In my opinion, if you can suck wind and carry a conversation at the same time; you are either in better shape than I am or you're not doing it right.

I have an old friend that I see at the gym on occasion and I had to tell him once not to talk to my while I'm doing cardio. He wants to stand next to me and ask a million questions while I'm going as hard as I can. I typically do an hour or more each session. I kid you not, the bastard kicked the wheel on the elliptical once to get my attention because I couldn't hear him and had my eyes closed....just to ask me about how my sister is doing. that's when I yelled at him and told him if I'm soaked in sweat and look like I'm about to pass out, not to f*ck with me. He now just nods and smiles when he sees me.

I got to stop being so nice! I usually don't even look at the time. I typically set a distance I want to go....then every day I try to complete it in a faster time than the day before....except for leg day. These workouts are cardio events by themselves!

During the off-season, I do just enough cardio to keep my resting heart rate in a good place. So it's usually just HIIT intervals for maybe 20 minutes or so.

Honestly I usually don't ever have to change it up to start lowering BF...I just adjust my diet a little. But this year I got such a late start on my diet with my daughter getting married, I have had to step it up a notch as I don't like cutting too many calories. Then I got sick which put me behind another week.

But we got fitted for our tux's 2 months before the actual wedding...so I had to hold that weight longer than usual so that it would still fit me!

But progress is going pretty good. Had all my abs start showing up nice and crisp without flexing at about 197lbs. Looking through my records...last year I was about 192lbs before that happened. Veins are out everywhere...but I am a naturally vascular person. I have veins showing in my quads even during the off season.

So it looks like I added about 5lbs of "quality" tissue over the year. At my age...I will take it!!!!