Sticky4l
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky4l
I own a printing and signage company and we do car wraps.

I can say as a beginner you should stick with a 3M product. They stick better then the others and are easier to use. Take your time and you'll do fine, the product is amazing. Do each piece separate, smallest piece at a time, don't be a hero!

-Cleaning the car is key, especially all of the edges where it wraps around.
-A good heat gun is needed. The vinyl will stretch a lot but will eventually give.
-Vinyl has memory so of it gets out of hand lightly heat it and it will return to its original flat shape.
-Be patient, take your time and don't get frustrated.
-Vinyl is not paint so you may get it 99% but there will usually be tiny defects.
-25 yards is needed to wrap a car.
-Anything matte color will look like a wrap, but gloss looks more like paint.

The blue you are doing is our fleet color, nice color but it's bright and you may get sick of it quickly. My car is wrapped in Avery because they make the nicest shades of grey, but Avery is hard to work with and doesn't stick as well.

Hope this helps

[IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...psego7ahvs.jpg[/IMG]
Great advice! Puts it all into perspective. Also, what about chrome wraps? I was thinking of doing my car in blue chrome. Is it harder or easier to deal with this wrap? Does 3m make a nice dark royal blue chrome? Sorry for the questions but you seem like the man to go to for this stuff!
Chrome wraps go against everything I believe in! LOL sorry I am not a fan, again a wrap should look like it may have come painted like that from the dealer.

Chrome vinyl is also very hard to use, beginners beware!!
Appreciate 0