CLKFAN
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEndeavor View Post
Which H&R speings are you considering?
H&R OE Sport springs will give you a slightly firmer ride with a 1 inch drop.
H&R Sport springs will give you a much firmer ride with a 1.4" drop.
ACS springs are very highly regarded and similar to the H&R OE Sport spring in terms of drop and provide a very smooth ride.
Any of these will help reduce the floatiness of the standard suspension. But of course your dampers will no longer match the springs, so it's not like putting a true sport suspension on the car. If you want a true sport suspension, replace your springs and dampers with aftermarket coilovers like those offered by KW, Megan Racing, BC, etc.

Thanks for the insight. I'm a fan of coilovers and have used them numerous times with many cars I've owned and modded so I know the benefits.

My thread was just to find out first hand from anyone on this forum who has the set up that I'm speaking of (standard with springs) that can give me direct feedback before I pull the trigger-on some H&R sports from a forum member here. I've searched hard and the only feedback I read of is from people who have adjustable suspension or 550's with standard suspension. I have a 528 with standard and not adjustable or sport modes. The deal is really cheap and I can have them installed for nothing as well so the cheap factor is outweighing the extra $1K-2K for coilovers since I've spent a chunk on Alpina stuff.

If anyone who is riding this exact set up can reply with direct feedback I would appreciate it
Appreciate 0