View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #1
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

DIY G30 Fog Light Bar retrofit on F10 (pictures)

So finally after spending a few weeks thinking through the retrofit and waiting for OEM G30 fog light bars (eBay) to arrive, I was finally able to retrofit them to my F10 last night. The fact that I have a Luxury Line with chrome lined covers in front of the air duct covers helped to figure out a good place to install. As luck would have it, we got our first snow for the winter and I literally froze my bu++ off in our non-heated garage. Anyway, happy with the results.

I used an extension harness to extend the connection from the existing LED fogs. No coding required and no warnings. I had to cut the air ducts for the fog bars to fit as they are substantially deep (approx 6" deep).

Finally, I ordered spare air duct covers so I didn't have to cut the originals - just incase...

The pictures are posted below:

It was cold and snowing and I to figure out how to cut/fit as I went along so I couldn't take many pictures during install but I will be happy to post links to connectors and components if anyone is interested. This was definitely one of the harder (unchartered) retrofits I have done to this car so far.

Very happy with the results.

Here is another thread where I had posted about this idea and some parts that I would use: https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1559271
Attached Images

Appreciate 3