View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
jkwhat
Private
Rep
Drives: 750LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveI View Post
Wow those prices arent bad at all, if you compare similar engine spec it looks like the price has gone up by only a few hundred bucks. Im willing to pay a few hundred for a full fledged folding hardtop!

Based on these prices my guess is that the sDrive35 with the twin turbo will cost around $45k! which would be about a 3-4k premium over a similar 3-Series coupe. Thats pretty good for a roadster which usually carry pretty high price premium for the roadster look/image.

If BMW can give me the car for $45k im in! I was going to try to put a deposit in last week, but now i'm glad I didn't since we are now armed with european pricing information i'm going to go in tommorow and ask the dealer if he knows anything at all and then put my deposit down with a caveat that I will only pay up to a certain amount. I wonder if they would go for that. I will keep everyone updated!
Please let us know how it goes. I think the pricing for the Northern America region is extremely unpredictable at the moment as the current state of economy will mean that they can't inflate the prices like they have with some of their other current cars (M3 and their current use as dust collectors in the dealer lots/the crazy deals you can get for them) but they also know that this new roadster has grabbed a lot of interest from not only the current Z4 fans but also with some ex-loyal customers to other car companies (There were what 500 viewers in the Z4 section last night!!) I'm so excited but I know that the pricing is going to make or break it for many as they try to justify the purchase right now with the current economy. As for me, this is my dream car right now...Maybe...one day...
Appreciate 0