View Single Post
      12-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Why don't you just take your car to a different dealer? I think you should try to keep things in perspective too. Your car is working except for a couple of minor features that will get worked out by an interested and competent dealer.

My car had a part failure at 1,333 Km's last month - a power control module (PCM) failure that stranded me while at a bank in -28C weather. Roadside assistance was not reachable through BMW assist - line kept getting disconnected so I used my cell phone to dial roadside assistance, then had to wait 4 hours for a tow, then elected to be the person in the car after seeing the dirt and grease covered tow truck driven sent to recover my car. I had spoken to the service manager about the problem I was having and he couldn't offer a loaner as they were out because of all of the cold weather breakdowns. My car was ready the next day at 4:30, the SM suspecting the problem was the PCM and had it flown in from Toronto overnight.

I could have gone into the dealership waving my arms in the air and shouting about how my brand new $75,000 car broke down, but decided to be calm and give them a chance to fix it (which they did). After all, the dealer didn't manufacture the car, they just have to fix them.

In one respect, you are lucky, if Parkview can't fix your problem you have the choice of several dealers in the GTA to choose from, or as the earlier post suggests, contact BMW directly for some help. My sister has numerous intermittent gremlins in her 2011 3 series cab that Parkview has been unable to correct. Not sure if it is their fault or the problems would have eluded any dealer.

My advice? Take the view that you are driving a car not "an $80,000 BMW" and you'll expect less from your dealer and keep you blood pressure lower. Works for me.