01-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #78
jaf89f
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
TL; DR but I highly recommend the S2000. It is a very fun, reliable, relatively cheap to maintain, great weigh balance and rwd roadster. It also has a fantastic stock LSD... Do drive one though because they are not for everyone as a daily driver... vibration from motor mounts and limited space are both issues with that car. A great alternative albeit a FWD one is the Civic Si.

I highly recommend against an MS3 or a GTI as someone mentioned... those are neat hot hatches but after owning the MS3; I will never own another FWD car with over 200 HP or 200 TQ. They are terrible to drive and the traction / torque steer issues take away all enjoyment.
I have driven a few s2000s now, and I love the loud/vibration aspect of it. Makes it feel like a true small sports car.

ALTHOUGH, this whole time i was basing insurance savings off of the first s2000 I drove which was a 2008. Little did I know that the insurance rates over the model years would change so drastically. I got quoted at 130/month for the 2008, and for 04-06 MY i was quoted 180/month.

Does anyone know why that is!???
Appreciate 0