View Single Post
      02-08-2021, 01:24 AM   #6
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Your Clock Spring is the same as my clock spring or clockspring....I might have joined the two words together, and BMW calls it the Steering Column Switch Cluster (SZL = A92), all one-in-the-same. The entity inside the steering wheel for the vibe/heating is the Electronic Steering Wheel Module (A69).

The part number, 61319354047, supports heated/vibe function...and if you go to FCP Euro, they have better pictures. If you go to their 3rd picture that shows the three connectors on the rear of the SZL, the top connector is A91*2B, the one underneath is connector A91*1B, and to the right, the lower connector is A92*5B. Connector A92*2B runs wires to the JBE, and if the SZL does NOT support heating/vibe, the lower white row with two pins will be missing, but they are present on the 61319354047 part, so it supports heat/vibe.

Another way to tell, which neither FCP Euro, nor ECS show, is on the front of the SZL, at the 5 O'Clock position is connector A92*4B, with 4 pins...and if not populated will NOT support heat/vibe.

Factory heated steering wheel uses +12VDC from the JBE, Fuse F24, 10 Amps, via the JBE, Connector Z1*10B pin 8, and goes straight to the SZL, Connector A92*1B, pin 9, and uses Ground routed from the SZL, Connector A92*1B, pin 11 to the JBE, Connector A34*3B pin 8. The wire diameter is 0.75mm^2 which is equivalent to 18 AWG.

The harness (two wires) from the JBE to the SZL is part of the primary main cabin harness and costs $10,144.73 and not sure you want to spend this much for two wires....you need the pins and the plastic connectors, which can be purchased easily from BMW...I can help with part numbers if you need....

I purchased the whole car harness from an F10 ///M5 for $499 on eBay, which I have extracted the needed wiring and connectors for all the wiring upgrades I did in my vehicle over the last year, including heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate control, rear heated seats, rear powered blind, high beam assist, and B&O.
Appreciate 1