02-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #24
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
The important one missing from that list is GWS (Gear Selector Switch). I believe once you update that, you should be able to visually see the difference as well as feel it.
Rechecked my notes, as I changed 205/2TB a few times.

EGS, KOMBI, ICM, GWS, SZL were VO coded to 2TB. I had S1/S2/S3 and 2TB enabled paddles, but never any change in shift character.

Quote:
Also, no coding is needed to get Paddle shifters to work. All you need to do is swap steering with new one with Paddles and they should immediately start working
You need 2TB or 2TE in your VO for paddles to "just work". With 205 in the VO, paddles will never "just work". BMW never built a 205 with paddles.

When I first flashed xHP I had 2TB in my VO and things didn't work out very well. It was way more conservative, mushy shifting than even stock, even when in M mode.

xHP got back to me and said that I had created a "mule" by having a car without DEC but coded for 2TB which would never exist from the factory. They had not properly defined any transmission maps for a situation that would never exist. It makes me wonder what other invalid conditions novice coders using instructions from the Internet have created but no one "noticed any problems".

I can get my paddles to work by coding SZL with Variantencodierung_2_2_1 to aktiv and not changing anything in the VO to be out of sync with my build. Reverting the VO to 205 instead of 2TB and coding the one element in SZL to enable paddles is how I left the car and xHP behaves properly now.

If/when I retrofit DEC, then I will code the VO with 2TB again as well.

I don't need to fool around with 2TB for transmission shifting behaviour since I have xHP so I won't be fiddling with it any further.
Appreciate 0