View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #111
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

The 4 and 6 cylinder BMW's are not V engines but inline/straight 4/6 cylinder engines.

I kind of think that people who are complaining about the i4 engine compared to the i6 engine probably care more about that aspect of their car than you do (and know the difference between a inline and V engine and know that their car does not have a V4 or V6...)

And I believe this is the first time I have ever read about someone comparing the BMW six to a V8 Suburban... Those engines are kind of in the opposite end to each other on the scale of engine characteristics...

I have grown up with small 4 cyl engines here in Europe and really there is nothing like the sound and feel of a multi cylinder engine (5-6-8 cylinders). It's much smoother and better in NVH aspects. If that aspect doesn't matter that much to the buyer, then the new 4 cyl turbo engines are superb and offer better gas mileage.

I have no problem with the 4-cyl engine and applaud BMW for developing new engines with power and gas mileage. But for me, the next BMW will also be a 6- or 8-cylinder model

Last edited by Boss330; 03-09-2013 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0