03-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #120
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBodom View Post
I can’t believe I am reading this shit? A troll? An attack ? You have some insecurity issues? Maybe a group hug can help you both?

Hear me and understand me. I am telling you that in NYC/NJ you can’t fucking drive that fast. A 0-60 pickup counts more than higher speeds in a jammed city. I am just giving you my perspective on the car as a daily driver yet you’re fucking mentally stuck with this V6/I6. You want a fucking medal for correcting me?

You clearly don’t fucking understand that I don’t care about your copy/paste expertise. I get up in the morning and turn the car on and I am happy I didn’t blow the extra buck on the 535 cause the 528xi puts a smile on my face each time I drive it.

GOT IT NOW ?
Maybe you did not read my posts?

Quote:
My point being, you might not notice any difference between a i4 and a i6 (and since you keep calling it a V6 I kind of get a feeling that engines are not your #1 interest ), but others actually do.

And, again, I have nothing against the new 520i/528i (as it seems others have) and I DO NOT consider a N20 engined 528i a "lesser" 5-series at all. Logically the new 528i is the more rational choice and even has a tuning potential due to the turbocharging. It's a great engine and works great in the 5-series.
I have NEVER said anything against YOUR choice. But you have questioned others for saying that they can feel/hear a difference between a 4cyl engine and a 6 cyl engine (your point being that since you can't tell the difference nobody can). I beg to differ, lot's of people actually prefer a 6 or 8 cyl car.

And you said the N20 528i beats the old 528i. Yes apparently it does from 0-60, but where did you say that 0-60 was the only criteria that matters (or that I would be cursed at for pointing out that 0-60 isn't the only acceleration measurement)? For people living in Germany, the 50-100MPH is a more relevant acceleration measurement. Is your point that this thread is only supposed to have information that is relevant for NYC/NJ owners?

And, I never called you a Troll or incompetent, so please don't adress me and attack me for things I have not written.

My points being:
There is a difference between a V and a Inline engine
There is a difference between a 4cyl engine and a 6cyl engine (acoustically and in NVH)
Even though you might not notice the difference, others do.
I have nothing against the N20 528i (see my previous post)
I have nothing against your choice (even though you seem to question those who choose the 535i/550i)

Your response and choice of words speak louder than words and I think that I rest my case. You clearly don't get my point

Enjoy your 528i

Last edited by Boss330; 03-11-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0