07-29-2018, 07:29 AM   #35
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I wonder if all F10 EPS calibrations are the same for a given build period. I found even at the beginning of production, all F10 steering didn't appear equal. I sensed that cars with the Sport Auto (SAT) were heavier weighted.

Whether that is to do with the comfort/sport calibrations being different from cars without the DDC switchable option/toggle I don't know. It was one reason I would only have a car with SAT, as the steering appeared better calibrated.

If so, may be worth getting to view the data for different builds.

I have read that SAT does have increased weight. I think it was one of your past threads that shed light on that. Steering effort does seem to change through the production cycle and with updates.

I live in Little Rock and it is relatively hard to find various spec F10s here. If they were more plentiful, I could just go test drive all of the various 5, 6, and 7 models to make some comparisons.

As it is, I’m having to rely on forum posts and media reviews to point me in the right direction. I may start a new thread asking owners what year/options they have and how they judge their steering. Maybe a clear trend will be evident.
Appreciate 0