View Single Post
      03-20-2020, 12:55 AM   #5
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Vasha View Post
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I changed it once I saw blue because I wanted to make sure coolant was in the entire system. Maybe my mixes are a bit off but at the end of the day it works. Bubbles also won't be introduced because of the system running constantly when the car is on thus bleeding it in the process. I don't know how you had that assumption. The whole process takes about 30 to 40 minutes and by that time with the car running it should be bled through. Pouring into the expansion tank may create bubbles I guess but those rise to the top as far as I am concerned.
Sorry, I don't quote follow the logic here. To make sure coolant was in the entire system? As in, you're checking for leaks? This doesn't seem like a particularly good way of checking for leaks.

You misunderstood me, I'm not saying bubbles are going to be introduced by running the car. It's going to be introduced by pouring antifreeze into the expansion tank. Sure, most of the bubbles will probably rise to the top, but it's not like the bleed procedure is hard to do or something, so why risk it? It's still best practice to bleed the system any time you touch the coolant system.
Appreciate 0