View Single Post
      03-22-2020, 04:00 PM   #19
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylverlee View Post
Yah that's what I figured. Ok but if I keep adding coolant, after 2 gallons wouldn't it just started pushing out the coolant I put in? When does the coolant passages/tubing begin to get pumped out?
Sorry, not getting what you're asking. The process in theory should be:

Run bleeding procedure with vent tube draining into a bucket. Run bleed procedure and continuously add distilled water into the expansion tank, essentially flushing the system and replacing all coolant with distilled.

After your drain starts running clear, add into the expansion tank 5 liters of BMW antifreeze. In theory drain hose should still be only outputting distilled, since coolant hasn't reached the vent hose yet. Once added, turn off car to stop the venting procedure, and reattach the vent hose. You'll probably lose some distilled in the reattachment process, nothing to sweat about. Run the bleed process again and top off with distilled water to manufacturer recommended levels. Let the bleed process run for a while to properly mix the antifreeze and water.
Appreciate 1
Sylverlee150.00