View Single Post
      04-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #39
Trojan915
Rep
Drives: 2011, 535i, Space Gray, Manual

I'm also having problems with my 2011, 535i car battery. I took my car to my local dealership and they told me I needed a new battery because the one I had could no longer hold a charge. I asked if the manufacturer's warranty would cover this and they said no. They said the vehicle computer showed I was not shutting down the vehicle properly. According to my service advisor, turning off the engine in my garage was not sufficient. I needed to set the alarm every time and this would shut off everything. I almost fell off my chair when they told me the price for a new battery was $865. They're blaming me for "being negligent". I believe that since I didn't buy my car from them, they don't want to help me. I called Sears and they have two batteries that will work for my car, a Diehard Gold and an AGM. They are priced at $169 and $179, respectively. The Sears rep said that they can install for $20. Does anybody know if these are good replacement batteries and if they will void my remaining warranty?
Thanks....
Appreciate 0