03-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #9
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
Nope zero issues, my BMW mechanic was shocked when he was working on my g35 and saw the rotors were in excellent condition after 2 years.
ran cross drilled\slotted rotors on my turbo charged Integra back in the days and i'm currently running them on my lifted Nissan Titan. so aesthetics wise they're pretty af and that's why i did it. for the Integra before i turbo charged it i did alot of mountain runs and with the stock rotors they would turn freakin red red which caused my brake pads to glaze over. so i upgraded to cross drilled\slotted which was really a big thing in the mid 90's. performed much better as i was no longer getting the red glowing rotors any more. still hot tho but nothing like before.

as for the truck braking distance seems the same even tho it got heavier from the big lift install and running larger 35's mud tires? tho i don't know if the upgraded stainless steel lines have a part in it?

what i pretty much keep an eye on is any warping or cracking really and any type of scoring or grooving on the rotors. but for the BMW cause it's a BMW i'm a bit hesitant on that and i don't know why that is? maybe cause it's an expensive car with expensive repairs?

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0