View Single Post
      07-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #833
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Bear with me here, will be a few longish posts but it has been a lot of stress so you’re gonna sit and listen!

Bought the house 10 years ago and since then the neighbourhood exploded to be the number 1 appreciating neighbourhood within the GTA, which in itself had exploded.

Long story short I wanted to move, wanted more space and a double garage, I also had doubts about the house’ fundamentals. Wife wanted to reno and I still think it was not a wise call but moving would have a) cost a solid $100K and b) see a massive increase in property taxes that would have seen us spend $200K more over the next 10 years. So 300K in the hole, there goes my sports car.

So we started a reno, it was horrible, the contractor a right nightmare. Every cliché you can imagine, poor work, exploding costs, bad decisions he refuses to take responsibility for, just a litany of shit from this clown.

Anyways, we had to spend money on fundamentals like water proofing some of the foundation, adding insulation, a lot of non sexy stuff. Before we started I said to the wife would she give up changing out a perfectly functional, if old school, kitchen and get a pool instead. She agreed, then we did the kitchen anyways just to shit me.

So here are the before pictures inside the house, as you can see, tearing out that kitchen …. I mean…. I never liked it but I know people would buy the house with it … older folk. I did manage to sell it for several grand though!!

This was the basement, well part of it anyways.

Appreciate 0