View Single Post
      07-11-2020, 10:16 AM   #835
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Now to the yard, this is what we bought but had put down new sod and a shed and really neatened it up so it wasn’t anywhere near this bad but one pic will suffice.

Yard is large for Toronto, we are 10 miles from downtown so this would be regarded as a large to very large yard in a city the size of Chicago. I grew up on acres and want more space but such is life. The cedars offering privacy is a HUGE bonus.

The patio fell to bits over the years so we had to gut the entire yard other than leave the shed in place that we installed when we moved in. Pool was a “now or never” situation as kids are 8 and 4, so far it has been a blast., I would not have done our floors or kitchen but the pool I don’t regret, they basically live in it, especially in lock down.

Need to make some final touch ups, add a few more cedars, some pots and flowers, centre the pool skim properly and obviously pull our outdoor furniture out! But you get the drift re. the changes made.

I am Australian so no pool without a fence, this was non-negotiable to me though not a city requirement. Glass fence was $17k so settled for this one at $3k ….. just too big a delta. Too many kids drown, too often and it allows us to let the kids run around the yard without us having to be right near them all the time.

Appreciate 5