01-16-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
My friend used to have the ProClip one. There's a couple of issues I had with it. Large phones can be a bit awkwardly angled. Larger passengers might bump into your phone a lot. Looking at the phone requires you to directly look down, taking the road completely out of your LoS. Rennline one at least keeps the road in your peripherals. Looks kinda jank (in my opinion).

It's not a bad option, I just think Rennline is probably a bit better of an option.
Thanks for the insights - I'll be giving this one some thought. Not sure I wanted a magnetic solution any longer (I'd like to get away from requiring the metal plate on the phone) so I'll need to look into the options.

It sounds like the Proclip you experienced was the one that put the phone down by the shifter. I'm looking at vent-level. The catch I see is that it probably doesn't angle the phone towards the driver unless you also include a ball. I would put it on the right like in the small inset picture. It's probably pretty close to where the Rennline goes.

Appreciate 0