View Single Post
      05-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #405
apaolo1993
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Angry UGHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks for the insight. So here's my update:

Replaced all 8 plugs at Jiffy lube for $300, then proceeded to fail the oil consumption test miserably. They said i needed a full engine replacement + some hoses that are leaking but not included in the replacement, so it's going to cost me a grand total of $3,800 for the engine and hoses (i'm at 77k mi). They then tried to tell me that my car was fine to drive so they are putting it back together and giving it back to me until my new engine comes in. When i said, well what about when the oil light comes on again? They responded with you can just bring it back in to get topped off. Mind you, i am in need of oil every week and a half. So, they basically want me to Pay $4k to fix their issue, and while they're doing that, take time out of work every week and a half to drive a half hour to the dealership to get it topped off, not to mention anything else that could go wrong because of this issue that magically "won't be covered".

I called BMWNA and they are looking into getting a rental approved for me, but does anyone have any insight into the rental issue? They won't let me keep the X5 loaner i have because it's a BMWNA issue and not the independent dealership's, which i get, but now i'm out over $4k for this nightmare, it's not going to increase the value of the car at all and i'm already paying the max i can afford on a car as it is. I had 3 mercedes' before this, and this was my first BMW. Must say, Mercs are looking miiiighty fine right about now. Too bad i won't be able to afford one because this one is putting me further into debt.......
Appreciate 0