Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [5.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaolo1993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550bye View Post
Well I didn't need an engine replacement but in my case I was given a loaner (I think it was a 340iX GT) and I kept it for the full duration of my repairs almost 3 weeks. For an engine replacement I am sure you will probably have it much longer so I would just keep working with BMWNA and escalate it to a field agent (I think that is what his job title was).

Even though I have had an issue with Oil Consumption and Valve Stems, I still love my car. The 550/N63 has its issues but when they run with no issues they are a blast. My old 528xi was a fun car but it was more of a family car, my 550 is a other type of animal. With as good as it runs right now I wouldn't trade it for anything else (except an M5 of course).

I get it, they have a large amount of issues across a mass amount of owners, but alot of cars have their issues. My buddy has a 2014 E63 S and he has had faulty purge valve, intake manifold gasket, extreme tire wear, some oil consumption issues, head bolts and so on. Another buddy had a ton of issues with his STi and another still have issues with his Evo but a buddy that has no issues at all with his Audi S4. Some people will never have an issue whereas others will have every problem in the book.

All I can say is if I bought another N63 I would definitely take it in and have it ran through and get a complete list of all the issues before I bought it. A couple of $135 "World Class Inspections" could save you alot of money and headaches in the end. But would I trade my 550 for a 535, no. Nothing against 535's but stock for stock there is no comparison and before I bought mine I test drove every flavor. Don't get me wrong, I am not the baddest 5 around, I am sure there are plenty of 535's that could take my lunch all day but if I had done what they have/had done then I am positive I would leave them in my rear view (said with the upmost respect , I love 5's and wouldn't buy anything else).

I know what you mean. Nobody is perfect. Just hurts to work so hard to finally get the car you want and it ends up being a nightmare. Though i will say, it's not all lost. I do now have a Tesla Model S as a rental for the next 2+months. BMW approved $40/day and since it's extended rental i got it down to $40/day for the Tesla. The only bump i'm going to run into is it's $40/day for the car, but there are also taxes and fees so when the bill comes in to BMW, i wonder if they are going to give me issues with that. Guess we'll see in time. Either way the taxes/fees end up being like $200/mo and i was spending $350/mo on gas for my X5. Will keep you all posted!
That's good, glad it's at least working out for you. Wish you the best and can't wait until you are back on the road in your own (even though the Tesla is pretty cool). Good luck!!!
Upgraded 51mm turbos, Heatsync Stage 3 Flash, JB4 stacked, BMS WMI, Arm Charge Pipes, Heatsync Catless DPs, X-Pipe, Res Muffler Delete, xHP Stage 3 Trans Flash, Turbosmart Diverter Valves, 3.5 TMAPs, Oil Cooler, Heatsync Front Mounted Max Cool Intakes, Walbro LPFP and e40 mix rollin on Stance SF07 9x20 w/Toyo Extensa and 10.5x20 w/Toyo R888R.
Appreciate 0