08-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #8
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
Thanks guys. Based on the feedback, sounds like I need to be able to code within the IHKA module.

I am referring to the "snow flake" (AC ON).

I have noticed the same nuisance on other BMWs, this is the first BMW I have owned that also has this nuisance.

Basically, I don't like starting the car with unnecessary load (AC compressor ON), etc. and many days I don't want to use my AC at all!
OK - that perfectly clarifies what you're after. I don't have all of my coding records with me at the moment, but I think my previously quoted "IHKA > 3002 Funktionskodierung_HO, 06 > AC_NICHT_EIN_BEI_AUTO" will do what you need.

The OFF_MEMORY quoted by someone else will allow your HVAC to be fully off and remember that state on next restart. Honestly this is how I often drive my F10 when just doing commutes to the train station - the HVAC never comes on. This means my water pump doesn't even run allowing the engine to warm up extremely quickly despite the fairly short trip. I know it's not the life for everyone but in a lot of cases it's just fine for me - open the window when it's warm out and no big deal.
Appreciate 0