View Single Post
      09-03-2018, 06:07 AM   #64
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I have been a member and poster at Miata.net for many years, and have had a Miata in the garage for nearly 2 decades. I've seen your posts on occasion over there.

I agree - I have seen an occasional person jump from a Miata to a Boxster, but don't feel it is a common occurrence. If they do, it is usually from an NA or NB to an early 986, where costs are similar.
Its not rampant no but its certainly been a discussion point from time to time.

If you end up loving a miata, then wanting a bit more, it becomes more of a discussion item. You will spend lesson a good miata + FM2 setup but its then just a different car, not a miata, not a P car, but something quite capable.

The tough decision to me is: a new 30K ND vs a used 987, they are about the same cost but very different cars.

I appreciate the miata for what it is, and drove my 92 for 150+k. I'd likely still choose the 987 as its just delightful to drive (I have a base cayman, don't need a lot of power to have fun). Miata wins in the wrenching department of course, I did about everything to that car, the things I have done to the P car sometimes take 3x longer

- b
Appreciate 0