View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 09:27 PM   #36
avasu01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550i GT (RWD)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i GT Engine Failure

Bought a pre-owned F07 2012 BMW 550i GT from a used car dealer in Skokie, Illinois. The car was marketed to me as being in exceptional condition, recently serviced, well maintained, etc. Within 6 hours of having the vehicle in my possession, the car gave me a major Drivetrain Malfunction error and went into limp mode. The care is basically inoperable.

I immediately took it to a local BMW Mechanic (3rd party) and they did a full inspection and diagnostic. Found out the following:

Requires new spark plugs and engine coils
Requires new Intake Air Duct Tubes & Breather Hoses
High Pressure Fuel Pump in Bank 2
Thermostat Assembly
New Oil Service
Valve Cover Gaskets
Oil Pan Gaskets
New Battery
Cracked Rims

There is massive oil leaking in various areas of the vehicle and the mechanic has provided me with photographic evidence of all of this.

I bought the car for under $15k, but now I've been quoted about $10K in repairs. Does any of this stuff fall under the N63 Class action? Do I have any recourse with BMW to get some of these items taken care of under the Customer Care Package? My car has 96,000 miles on it, so would it be eligible for a full replacement? What would be my cost for that and what would BMW cover if it's eligible?

Also to any lawyers that may be reading this, do I have any recourse of legal action against the dealer? They sold me a vehicle that had numerous faults after advertising it was in excellent shape. They also cleared out all of the codes and sent me photos of the cleared ODB2 (less than 60 miles ago).

Advice is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0