2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications N63 Engine Replacement/Fuel Injectors

07-10-2024, 05:45 PM   #1
Dogger
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i xdrive

Garage List
N63 Engine Replacement/Fuel Injectors

My 2013 550i engine was replaced due to the class action. New engine has approximately 12k miles on it. Car has 95k miles. Anyone know if it’s typical to put the original engine’s fuel injectors in the new engine? I was told today by the dealership that did the work that’s what they did. And now the injectors need to be replaced at $4k per bank. This car has been a nightmare.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2024, 12:56 AM   #2
550bye
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [5.40]
I didn’t get a replacement motor on the CCP, they just rebuilt a lot of stuff when replacing the Valve Stem Seals and in the process they replaced the HPFP, injectors, Spark Plugs and Coils on the Bank that failed their tests after putting it back together and a litany of other small parts. I don’t think they do the replacements otherwise because the vehicle has to be in working condition before CCP starts and they only replace those components when it fails afterwards. But that was my experience.

My original motor lasted another 60k miles before timing jumped. I’m in the process of installing a refurbished motor myself as of right now. I can tell you this new motor came from BMW, it does not have any components on it so I had to pull injectors and HPFP’s and all that, so I assume they would do the same. But if I were you, I’d buy the injectors myself and do the work on your own. There are enough videos on YT and plenty of info here to do it correctly as long as you get an injector puller tool and have ISTA. It’s not that bad of a job honestly and you’ll save yourself a ton of cash. I’d also suggest replacing both banks, not just the failed bank. Good luck!
Upgraded 51mm turbos, Heatsync Stage 3 Flash, JB4 stacked, BMS WMI, Arm Charge Pipes, Heatsync Catless DPs, X-Pipe, Res Muffler Delete, xHP Stage 3 Trans Flash, Turbosmart Diverter Valves, 3.5 TMAPs, Oil Cooler, Heatsync Front Mounted Max Cool Intakes, Walbro LPFP and e40 mix rollin on Stance SF07 9x20 w/Toyo Extensa and 10.5x20 w/Toyo R888R.
Appreciate 2