2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Commercial Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds RANT: Stay away from EAS

10-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
OB-JD
Old School
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

RANT: Stay away from EAS

First let me apologize if this post is in the wrong location, in that event moderators please relocate it.

RANT!! My experiences with EAS began about 8 months ago when they offered a special on DVDINMotion. After seeing their advertisement on this forum I called them and scheduled an appointment for that day. Upon my arrival I was rudely greeted by one of their employee's. Excited to finally be able to watch Television in my car I brushed his rudeness aside.

Prior to having the service done, I asked the sales representative what the difference was between the DVDINMotion service they offered and the one from the actual DVDINMotion.com site (i.e., where you can download the coding to a DVD and unlock the car as many times as you want). When I asked the sales representative told me there was no such thing and that the only way to unlock the function was via their coding software; a complete lie. I then specifically asked the sales representative if there was some kind of warranty if something goes awry, his response as don't worry about it.

Nevertheless, I proceeded with the service. About 5 days later my car decided that it no longer wanted to play videos while the car was in motion. So I called EAS and their response was, more or less, deal with it. After arguing with the individual for 30 minutes or so, the individual told me that EAS will provide me with one free recoding. I then proceeded to ask the individual what happens if this problem occurs again. His response was that I would either haft to pay the $100.00 again or deal with it. When I asked to speak to the owner the sales representative placed me on hold for about 15 minutes, then came back and stated that the owner said the same thing. I then demanded to speak to the owner and the sales representative responded by telling me that the owner did not want to speak to me. Reluctantly, I made an appointment to come in that day to have the car re-coded again.

I took the car in, after about 30 - 45 minutes of EAS playing with the car. The sales representative told me that they are unable to diagnose the problem at this time, they need to trouble shoot the car, and that they will give me a follow up call in 24 to 48 hours. I never received and phone calls! I ended up ordering the software from DVDINMOTION.COM and I have not had any problems since.

Long story short I could have paid an extra $50.00, bought the software from DVDINMOTION.COM and then have the ability to code and uncode my car as many times as I wanted (i.e., every time I take the car to service). Alternatively, you can pay EAS $100.00 and have them do it for you once; and with an attitude as if they are doing you a favor to boot. I will never return to EAS and I would not recommend them to anyone. Not only are they rude and unprofessional, they have no clue what they are doing.

Just my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Wow thanks for the heads up. There is another guy who I am going with the does full coding. Alpine I believe
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Theres tons of people here that does coding for free. No idea how people are charging for this.

I got the dvd in motion to work with just coding for free by a member here.

Alan
      10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
OB-JD
Old School
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Theres tons of people here that does coding for free. No idea how people are charging for this.

I got the dvd in motion to work with just coding for free by a member here.

Alan
That is correct. I just recently learned how to code myself (sometime after I purchased the DVDINMOTION). But the fact that EAS is so deceptive in their business practices and that they have no concept of costumer service truly speaks to their character and integrity. All members should stay away in my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0