2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds NBT Retrofit Kit - Including Wiring Harness

11-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

NBT Retrofit Kit - Including Wiring Harness

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I wanted to do a complete NBT retrofit in my Pre-LCI car and went all out to get a full Audio Harness from an LCI car. However, it turns out that I would have needed to also completely overhaul the Airbag wiring harnesses as the ACSM modules are different between LCI and Pre-LCI and this Audio Harness also has wires and connectors for ACSM and airbags. This causes me to either sell the whole setup or butcher the harness and use what I can for my NBT retrofit. I have decided to first try and sell this entire kit to someone with an LCI car but without the Navigation option so they can use the complete harness. Bear in mind the harness alone runs upwards of $2k and it is extremely hard to get one that is as intact as this one is. Please review the pictures. There are only 4 connectors that have been cut and 3 of them are for airbags and these can be easily fixed (all 2 wire connectors as can be seen in the pictures).

I've also added the 4 major components (Programming will be needed and I am not able to provide that service)

1 - NBT Head Unit
2 - 10.25" Display
3 - TCB
4 - ZGW (02 - 8sk)

Wiring harness came from a 535i with Harmon Kardon Top HiFi.

Asking $1200 shipped in the US. Shipping international will be at buyers expense.

Link to craigslist post as Attaching pictures is still giving me Security token mismatch error:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts...403574321.html

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
I wanted to do a complete NBT retrofit in my Pre-LCI car and went all out to get a full Audio Harness from an LCI car. However, it turns out that I would have needed to also completely overhaul the Airbag wiring harnesses as the ACSM modules are different between LCI and Pre-LCI and this Audio Harness also has wires and connectors for ACSM and airbags. This causes me to either sell the whole setup or butcher the harness and use what I can for my NBT retrofit. I have decided to first try and sell this entire kit to someone with an LCI car but without the Navigation option so they can use the complete harness. Bear in mind the harness alone runs upwards of $2k and it is extremely hard to get one that is as intact as this one is. Please review the pictures. There are only 4 connectors that have been cut and 3 of them are for airbags and these can be easily fixed (all 2 wire connectors as can be seen in the pictures).

I've also added the 4 major components (Programming will be needed and I am not able to provide that service)

1 - NBT Head Unit
2 - 10.25" Display
3 - TCB
4 - ZGW (02 - 8sk)

Wiring harness came from a 535i with Harmon Kardon Top HiFi.

Asking $1200 shipped in the US. Shipping international will be at buyers expense.

Link to craigslist post as Attaching pictures is still giving me Security token mismatch error:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts...403574321.html
I can always wire up a harness fix/replacement or clean it up for you man. I make them all day long lol
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Problem is if the Airbag harness connector was not there, it would be no issue. Due to the fact that the Pre-LCI ACSM has 2x 54 pin connectors and a 24 pin connector and ofrcourse all of the pinouts are different. The LCI car has the new ACSM with 1x 108pin connector and a 20pin connector (The big blue connector in my pictures). The fact that these airbag wires are wound into this Audio harness, it will be a pain to remove the OLD harness without having to rewire the ACSM connections. I am afraid of messing about those wires as they pertain to safety/airbag deployment.

Again, the best candidate for this setup is an LCI car that came without Nav/HK audio and someone wants to add both these options to their car or a car that already has HK audio but no Nav.

Last edited by addy27; 11-28-2017 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0