2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Climate controls

11-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
Dblzee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 535i

Climate controls

Hello everyone; I recently purchased a climate control switch panel with ceramic controls to replace my silver sails panel. Swamped them out and everything works great except for the temperature dials . I checked the connectors all is good, swapped out to my old one and everything works great. Anyone tried to do this before? Wondering if it's a compatibility issue or the panel is not working correctly. I did get pretty cheap so obviously I'm thinking maybe something wrong with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #2
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblzee View Post
Hello everyone; I recently purchased a climate control switch panel with ceramic controls to replace my silver sails panel. Swamped them out and everything works great except for the temperature dials . I checked the connectors all is good, swapped out to my old one and everything works great. Anyone tried to do this before? Wondering if it's a compatibility issue or the panel is not working correctly. I did get pretty cheap so obviously I'm thinking maybe something wrong with it.
Something's wrong with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Just kidding. Have you tried checking for codes? May give you some clue if it's hardware related or install/user related.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
Dblzee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
Just kidding. Have you tried checking for codes? May give you some clue if it's hardware related or install/user related.
No didn't check for codes, planning on messing with it this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 01:26 AM   #5
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

It might be because you bought the panel from LCI and our car is Pre LCI or vice versa. I know the LCI panel doesn't work correctly on non LCI (might need coding/flashing). The dials themselves are also different between LCI and pre LCI so you cant really just swap them out.
There is a thread on this site that has more details on this..
Appreciate 0