2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Rear brake sensor connection broke at car end! Help!

07-15-2021, 02:50 AM   #1
Googlyamnesiac
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520D

Rear brake sensor connection broke at car end! Help!

So I had a brake wear sensor warning go off a while ago. Finally got around to checking it and the cable had split in half which explained the problem.

I already had a new cable so an easy fix to take this one out and replace... Wrong!

The plastic housing on the top end of the cable would not budge and after much gentle persuasion I pulled it hard and sadly the brown connector cable came put of the white socket it was connected to.

Now I've heard about people bypassing the brake sensor by joining the brake wear cables together on the old wear cable but my problem now is the cables connecting into the wear cable are loose.

Would connecting the yellow and brown cables at the top connector do the same thing or are there some kinds of resistors etc in the actual brake wear cable I need to worry about?

I'll try and get photos if this doesn't make sense!
Appreciate 0