2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

07-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #10099
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
What a double standard!
Ksshhh.....Pot, this is kettle; do you copy? Double standards are in abundance on both sides.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      07-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #10100
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Stated someone with a coincidental taste for pilots
That has nothing to do with whether someone would like me because of how many "finger prints" I have versus a guy, because "cardio is cardio."

It's fine.

Women are allowed to look, but not touch. Guys can touch whenever, whatever and get high fives.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 09:13 AM   #10101
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
That has nothing to do with whether someone would like me because of how many "finger prints" I have versus a guy, because "cardio is cardio."

It's fine.

Women are allowed to look, but not touch. Guys can touch whenever, whatever and get high fives.
That's why I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, the only exception being orbiters. I wont keep anyone I've fucked around and she shouldn't either.

Not that it matters though, everyone has to be lying if all women are supposed to be virgins and all dudes nailing everything that walks. I suspect half of those high 5s are unwarranted, going to basement dwellers like our recent resident redpiller.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-27-2021, 09:15 AM   #10102
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

It's fine.

Whoah, whoah, whoah....this is most certainly not the case. Maybe I'm mistaken, but this seems completely backwards. Men are not allowed to touch unless granted access. Case in point, go to a strip club, then go see some male strippers. The difference in what is acceptable between the two varies greatly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
That's why I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, the only exception being orbiters. I wont keep anyone I've fucked around and she shouldn't either.
I can respect the last sentence of this. Actually, I find it bit discerning on how people will actually do this. I've even been guilty myself....not of the current girlfriend, but in the past; yes.

As for the first sentence, I know of people that get turned on by hearing their SO's past experiences. Do any of you fall into this category? I guess it depends on the story being told, but I'm not sure I want to hear about the sleeze ball one night stands of some guy wrecking my girl, ya know?

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-27-2021 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #10103
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Whoah, whoah, whoah....this is most certainly not the case. Maybe I'm mistaken, but this seems completely backwards. Men are not allowed to touch unless granted access. Case in point, go to a strip club, then go see some male strippers. The difference in what is acceptable between the two varies greatly!
I was speaking metaphorically lol as in go out with a man but don't sleep with him, yet guys get high fives for how much pussy they can grab.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #10104
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
As for the first sentence, I know of people that get turned on by hearing their SO's past experiences. Do any of you fall into this category?
Nope. Honestly I dont wanna hear about anyone's shit/drama/whatever, and it definitely extends to TMI. Id think getting turned on by hearing about someone screwing your SO is probably just a step to getting turned on by watching someone screw your SO.

Not for me, ive never been good at sharing.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #10105
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
I was speaking metaphorically lol as in go out with a man but don't sleep with him, yet guys get high fives for how much pussy they can grab.
And youre right, lots of people still think that way. Id think mostly immature/stupid people at this point though because it is, and has been for some time, a fantasy left over from chivalry (which doesnt quite mean what people want to think it means).

Im 40, I know better. Either women have to be out fucking more than everyone wants to admit or dudes fucking a lot less than they want to admit. Otherwise all of these dudes high fiving each other are "eskimo bros."
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      07-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #10106
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
And youre right, lots of people still think that way. Id think mostly immature/stupid people at this point though because it is, and has been for some time, a fantasy left over from chivalry (which doesnt quite mean what people want to think it means).

Im 40, I know better. Either women have to be out fucking more than everyone wants to admit or dudes fucking a lot less than they want to admit. Otherwise all of these dudes high fiving each other are "eskimo bros."

….and you and I both know it's exactly this, and I'm absolutely fine with it. If they weren't out fucking, I/we wouldn't be getting fucked. I also figure that if a woman is willing to sleep with me the first night, she has done it before (….and I'm fine with that too because, well….it takes two to tango, and I've tango'd the first night 90% of the time). I'm not special, so I don't harbor any illusions. I'm fine with it and I don't subscribe to double standards. That said, I don't think sex on the first night has any correlation whatsoever to determining whether or not a man will stick around. First night or tenth night, if we want to stick around, we will. If we don't, we won't. My two longest relationships (…9 years and 6 years respectively) were first nighters. Hottie lawyer was a first nighter, and I would commit today if she were ready. We've already been involved nearly a year and a half.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      07-27-2021, 10:44 AM   #10107
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I found a pic I posted on the forum of my ex-gf of 9 years posing on the hood of my 2003 M3 (…circa 2003/2004)…

[img]https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1405821258[/img]

…from the "Significant Other" thread: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14351
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4478.50
      07-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #10108
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Oooo That was a good thread I think I'm in there
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #10109
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Hmm I feel like posting a pic of your significant other on a car forum is a bit... douchy.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615137.50
      07-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #10110
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:

As for the first sentence, I know of people that get turned on by hearing their SO's past experiences. Do any of you fall into this category?
No thanks, talk about a mind fuck.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 02:38 PM   #10111
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Hmm I feel like posting a pic of your significant other on a car forum is a bit... douchy.
Why? Are we not allowed to have off topic discussions in an off topic forum thread about the people we care(d) about? What's so douchey about men and women of all age ranges and income brackets having a discussion about their significant others? Some of the best threads on any car forum I've been on weren't about cars at all.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4478.50
      07-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #10112
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
No thanks, talk about a mind fuck.
I'm of the same mindset. I have a friend of mine who tells me about how turned on her husband gets about it. He actually asks her to tell him, in great detail, about her escapades with men prior to him. Yeah, no thanks.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #10113
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #10114
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
I'm of the same mindset. I have a friend of mine who tells me about how turned on her husband gets about it. He actually asks her to tell him, in great detail, about her escapades with men prior to him. Yeah, no thanks.
That's batshit insane to me; there is no way I would be able to process that type of information and not completely lose my mind. Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-27-2021, 03:01 PM   #10115
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Why? Are we not allowed to have off topic discussions in an off topic forum thread about the people we care(d) about? What's so douchey about men and women of all age ranges and income brackets having a discussion about their significant others? Some of the best threads on any car forum I've been on weren't about cars at all.
I dont think its a "keep it to cars."

I think it falls on the spectrum of consent for one thing. I wouldn't be sharing that stuff unless they were party to it. How would they react if a stranger recognized them and said, "Oh Ive seen you before, some dude was posting pictures of you up on the internet!"

I use my real name, Im not concerned about my privacy, but I wouldnt even begin to consider posting up PII of someone I cared about online.

The second thing is why? What triggered you to think we needed to see pictures of your exes? Did someone ask for them? What was the purpose of posting them? Is it validation? I dont recall that being part of the thread up until now.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 03:02 PM   #10116
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ive actually been invited to be part of a party to that and even that was a hard pass. Im sure some people can make that kind of stuff work but my brain cant do the math.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #10117
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I dont think its a "keep it to cars."

I think it falls on the spectrum of consent for one thing. I wouldn't be sharing that stuff unless they were party to it. How would they react if a stranger recognized them and said, "Oh Ive seen you before, some dude was posting pictures of you up on the internet!"

I use my real name, Im not concerned about my privacy, but I wouldnt even begin to consider posting up PII of someone I cared about online.

The second thing is why? What triggered you to think we needed to see pictures of your exes? Did someone ask for them? What was the purpose of posting them? Is it validation? I dont recall that being part of the thread up until now.
How do you know the people who posted in that thread didn't get consent? I share things in this thread with those whom I have regular conversations with daily. Gloss over it if you have no interest in discussing exes. This thread is about dating, and the conversations are fluid. One could argue this entire thread is about validation. What now?!?!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:13 PM   #10118
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ive actually been invited to be part of a party to that and even that was a hard pass. Im sure some people can make that kind of stuff work but my brain cant do the math.
Quote:
That's batshit insane to me; there is no way I would be able to process that type of information and not completely lose my mind. Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss.
When I hear of some of the experiences that I have, I typically try to put myself in the same mind space as the person telling the story. I may be expressing too much here, but I honestly don't think I could..."function" under some of that stress. I get that everyone has their different level of kink, but damn. At the same time, whatever works for two people to be happy together, let them have at it. Who am I to judge what works for others? I don't hear anyone judging me, based off what works for me; I have to give the same respect in return. Still, some of it just boggles my mind.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24973.00
      07-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #10119
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
How do you know the people who posted in that thread didn't get consent? I share things in this thread with those whom I have regular conversations with daily. Gloss over it if you have no interest in discussing exes. This thread is about dating, and the conversations are fluid. One could argue this entire thread is about validation. What now?!?!
Man you're triggered, do I need to send you some wax cross?

You're the only person to start posting exes and it didn't take, move on man. Maybe take it back to the other threads that were actually about that.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:18 PM   #10120
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When I hear of some of the experiences that I have, I typically try to put myself in the same mind space as the person telling the story. I may be expressing too much here, but I honestly don't think I could..."function" under some of that stress. I get that everyone has their different level of kink, but damn. At the same time, whatever works for two people to be happy together, let them have at it. Who am I to judge what works for others? I don't hear anyone judging me, based off what works for me; I have to give the same respect in return. Still, some of it just boggles my mind.
Indeed! I've hung out with swingers and they are an interesting bunch. I couldn't be in an open relationship, but some love the freedom it entails. I suppose it's a situation that comes down to allowing the openness or be cheated on, so people choose the former.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00