2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Need Help Oil on/around CCV W/Pics... Lean Codes

09-22-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
Smytty
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Need Help Oil on/around CCV W/Pics... Lean Codes

I have oil on/around my CCV hose not sure where it could be coming from but the hose. I have been chasing a lean code 118001(fuel-air mixture too lean). Cleared it Twice seeing if it will come back; One of those times I got code 118401 as well (fuel-Air mixture too lean, large deviation). When I first got this car I created a post of preventative maintenance and was told the CCV hose goes bad at about 40K miles I am currently at 32K. I do not want to throw parts at the car which is why I invested in ISTA but at this point I am not seeing any other indications of what could be failing. The post stated that when the CCV starts to go bad it will start with Too lean codes, then misfires and then malfunction. So far none of the latter just the lean codes and a very faint rough idle at a stop light. Has anyone experienced this or nowhere what else I can look for before changing part?

I also found a thread saying to check if CCV is bad to remove oil cap and check to hear a suction. When I pull the cap I definitely hear a brief suction. Is that enough confirmation?

2014 550 (N63TU) 32k on the clock.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0