2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum What's it worth?

07-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra 5MT

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Smile What's it worth?

Not interested at selling RIGHT now, but curious as to what it's worth. I know the mods add little to nothing to the value of the vehicle, not concerned about that. This thing has been INCREDIBLY reliable and it's gonna break my heart when the time comes to let go of it.

WBAFU7C51BC771466
2011 BMW 535i xDrive
45,000 mi
2 owners, clean CarFax
Florida car
Not a single error or code, runs and drives 100%, owned the car from 19k miles to now.
All I have ever done is fluid changes, never had any failed parts or issues. Does not seep, leak or drip anything, (even OFHG lol) clean as a whistle underneath. Paint is in 9.5/10 condition, recently had full paint correction and ceramic coating. Has 1-2 very small paint chips, very hard to see. Interior 10/10 no wrinkles and professionally conditioned and maintained every month. Still smells new, weekend car only and still smells new, I don't even use air fresheners or scented cleaners, no food or coffee too.

Alpine White
Oyster Dakota Leather
Anthracite Trim
Convenience Pkg (Comfort Access, Soft Close, Power Trunk)
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium Pkg
Premium Pkg II

Mods:
H&R Springs
M4 Style 666M (reps, had for 2+ years still perfect)
Nankang UHP Tires, 3k mi on them
R1 Concepts Carbon Geomet Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors & Pads, 5k mi
JB4 w/ BT Module
K&N CAI (have stock)
VSRF Catless DP (no CEL, have stock)
Muffler Delete (have stock)
Kies Motorsports M-Sport front bumper (professionally painted AW)
Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip
Carbon Fiber M4 Style Mirror Caps
Carbon Fiber M5 Style Kidney Grilles
Attached Images

Last edited by JDMSteven; 07-08-2020 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: add info
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
Trainwreck914
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 F15 E39 E90 E53

Not to be a douche. But a car is only worth...
1. Book Value
2. What someone is willing to pay.

Now that's not to say you have to accept any low ball offer. But if I want to sell a car quick. Then I price it below market and stick firm to the price. If I want a little more, I start high and come down to where I'm comfortable.

Next. No one cares what bolt ons or $ you've invested into it. So don't expect any return on it. If you want $ for that stuff then unbolt it and sell it on the market.

Needless to say very nice looking ride you got there. And very low mileage. But the f10 is a dime a dozen car. I hope you get close to what you're expecting if you do decide to sell.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      07-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck914 View Post
Not to be a douche. But a car is only worth...
1. Book Value
2. What someone is willing to pay.

Now that's not to say you have to accept any low ball offer. But if I want to sell a car quick. Then I price it below market and stick firm to the price. If I want a little more, I start high and come down to where I'm comfortable.

Next. No one cares what bolt ons or $ you've invested into it. So don't expect any return on it. If you want $ for that stuff then unbolt it and sell it on the market.

Needless to say very nice looking ride you got there. And very low mileage. But the f10 is a dime a dozen car. I hope you get close to what you're expecting if you do decide to sell.
I know that bolt ons don't add value. That's why I literally stated that in my post. I know what book value is. I know I don't have to accept a low ball. I've worked in auto sales most of my life. I know these cars are a dime a dozen. I know they're not worth much and they depreciate like hell.

Just looking to see what other enthusiasts would pay, since they normally see cars like this with low mileage as a great buy. Don't need to sell, don't have to sell.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
Trainwreck914
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 F15 E39 E90 E53

Got it. That would've my next point. As to sell to an enthusiast. Looking for a prime example of a low mileage car with all the bolt ons.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 12:18 PM   #5
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
yup that's exactly what I would do myself for my next car. ready to change things up, this is my 4th, going over to the dark side of benz
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #6
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Good luck with your sale if you do decide to do it.

Beautiful car and will never be worth to anyone as much as it is to you. However, low mileage or not, it is getting up in age and things will start breaking down, it's inevitable.

Enthusiasts (my opinion at least), do not buy 9 year old 5 series, and trade in offers will just anger you, there's no avoiding that.

I didn't need to, didn't plan to (or wanted to) sell either, but deep inside I knew it was time to let mine go as various bills started coming at me fast. It had more to do with "ugh, again" than money, sure I could afford it just fine, but have started wondering "OK, that's done, now what's next" - 9+ year old luxury cruiser will only end up costing nice chunk of money going forward. It depends what you are willing to tolerate and if there's something out there you like more.

Depreciating asset either way, this or new one - will cost money either way.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #7
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
I'm bored at work, so here's my update that nobody asked for lol

Got 13.5k on trade which is pretty good considering it books for like 10k on trade. They sold it for 17.5k miraculously, to someone who wanted desperately to buy it off me who was in love with my exact car. I couldn't sell privately to any of the individuals with cash in hand because it would have taken way too long to have title released etc. etc.

Here's my new ride:
2015 CLS 550 AMG Sportline
1 Owner, 38k mi CPO
- Designo Diamond White Metallic
- Porcelain & Black Interior, Black Ash Wood
-4.7L V8TT (M278), 402hp, 443lb-ft
-Premium Pkg II- (Basically Comfort Access and same goodies as BMW PP2)
-Wheel Pkg- AMG Wheels, AMG Steering Wheel, Paddle Shifters, Sportline
-Lane Tracking & Park Assist Pkg- LKA & BSA, 360° Cams, Active Park Assist
(self parking)
- Rear Decklid Spoiler, Active Multicontour Driver Seat (massage, heated & cooled)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
Cvx5832
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘15 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
I know that bolt ons don't add value. That's why I literally stated that in my post. I know what book value is. I know I don't have to accept a low ball. I've worked in auto sales most of my life. I know these cars are a dime a dozen. I know they're not worth much and they depreciate like hell.

Just looking to see what other enthusiasts would pay, since they normally see cars like this with low mileage as a great buy. Don't need to sell, don't have to sell.
A bit of a conundrum there, since “enthusiasts“ typically buy unmodded cars.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:52 PM   #9
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvx5832 View Post
Quote:

A bit of a conundrum there, since “enthusiasts“ typically buy unmodded cars.
Oh well. Car is sold 🤷🏾*♂️
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:07 PM   #10
OnlyGerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, F13, F10, E60

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvx5832 View Post
Quote:

A bit of a conundrum there, since "enthusiasts" typically buy unmodded cars.
Oh well. Car is sold 🤷🏾*♂️
What did you get for it?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 08:59 AM   #11
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
13.5k on trade, had many people lined up ready to pay 16-17k cash but I had to trade to get the Mercedes because it would have taken forever to have my title released etc. etc. I'm happy with that number because trade values are horrible on these cars. The Jag Land Rover Dealer I work at was only willing to put 10-12 in it depending on what I'd buy.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #12
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
I wouldn't have let go of such a pristine car. It would have been worth a lot more to me than 13k. Would have kept it forever. Enjoy the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #13
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
I wouldn't have let go of such a pristine car. It would have been worth a lot more to me than 13k. Would have kept it forever. Enjoy the new ride!
Yeah I feel you. It was pretty difficult emotionally to sell it, but I have a disease where I get bored of cars too quick lol. This is the longest I've ever had a car at 2.5 yrs, and I was ready for a change after having 4 BMWs. One of the buyers who wanted to pick it up off me drove 3.5 hrs away to go buy it from the Benz dealer because they were so in love with it
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #14
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
Also majority of the time an enthusiast would see certain mods and question the owner on how it was treated. A lot of modded cars that are put on the market have gone through the abuse ropes. Id rather switch to stock and sell the aftermarket parts. Good that you got what you wanted value wise.