2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2014 550i white smoke during WOT

08-04-2022, 05:21 PM   #1
Dahigi777
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i Stage 2

2014 550i white smoke during WOT

Hello, just to start off I searched and only found people discussing bad turbo seals and valve guide seals, not exactly my situation. For some background my car has 135k miles. I ended up getting a complete engine replacement with a NEW engine less than 20k ago. After engine replacement, the techs that did the job wrote in their notes that they "observe white smoke under hard acceleration, suspect bad turbos". I ended up finding a good deal on some new turbos and put them on myself. Surprise, didn't fix the issue. It depends on the outside temperature, but I'd say roughly about 60% of the time when I get on a highway on ramp and give her a heavy right foot I observe a light cloud of white smoke in my rear-view. I've never noticed it just driving around town, but if I do a long uphill drive where my turbos are working for an extended period of time, I pull over and I can see some white smoke flowing out of my exhaust for about 1-2 minutes untill I'm assuming my turbos cool down a bit.

Does anyone know the source of this issue and should I be concerned? Like I said I have all new valve seals and new turbos. I also replaced my pcv hoses and whatnot. Is it simply just my turbos cooking my oil under load? I add oil every 1500-4k miles just depends on how I drive. I do have a tune and catless pipes on my car just for context
. I have noticed this smoke after flashing my car back to stock so I dont really think ots a tune issue but you never know I guess.
Appreciate 0